The Culinary Leadership Academy is a Workforce Development training leading to a nationally recognized credential in the food service industry, i.e. ServSafe Manager Certification.
- A Workforce Development training leading to a nationally recognized credential in the food industry, i.e. ServSafe Certification.
- The core learning session of the Culinary Leadership Academy is six weeks. The participants will study from the ServSafe Manager Textbook, 6th Edition, which is published by the National Restaurant Association; this will also include several lessons on terminology that is required for the ServSafe Manager exam. The hands-on part of the training will take place in the kitchen of Kitchen Sage.
- The CLA includes a paid externship after successfully completing the core learning session. Paid externships are structured for up to 120 hours. These externships are arranged by Kitchen Sage and are held at various restaurant and organization partner sites.
- Participants who earn the ServSafe Manager Credential will be given assistance in securing permanent employment with one of the many employer partners of Kitchen Sage. Those who do not pass the exam after completing the core learning session will have the opportunity to continue developing the skills necessary to earn the credential by auditing the Culinary Leadership Academy.
- The 2016-2017 tuition cost for the Culinary Leadership Academy is $1,200. Limited scholarships and other funding are available to support young adults, 18-24, interested in participating in this training.
- Applications are now being accepted. FIll out the form below to start the application process.
- Watch our YouTube Channel Video