Early Learning Neighborhood Collaborative (ELNC)
- Steepletown has been a part of the Early Learning Neighborhood Collaborative (ELNC) since its inception in the spring of 2010.
- The ELNC has designed and is currently implementing an intentional preschool service system aimed at providing, expanding and sustaining the capacity of high-quality early care and education programs in the vulnerable neighborhoods of Grand Rapids.
Tenant’s Rights Project
1st and 3rd Mondays of every month from 12 p.m.-2 p.m. at Steepletown Center.
- Free advise for renters to receive answers to questions, learn about legal options and understand possible outcomes for their situation.
- 1st and 3rd Mondays of every month; no appointment needed. Just walk-in with any paperwork- lease, rent receipts, etc.
- In partnership with Legal Aid of West Michigan and Davenport University.
West Michigan WORKS! – Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Steepletown has been a contractor of the WIOA Youth Grant since 2007, providing Workforce Development services to youth and young adults of West MI.
- As a partner, Steepletown maintains a relationship with the West MI WORKS! Service Centers, sharing information on in-demand career opportunities, vocational skills training, apprenticeships, and more!
Heart of West Michigan United Way
- The HWMUW is funding various programs throughout West MI. To initiate a process for our families to create economic security, the GED preparation program is coupled with an intensive case management model, where coaches work alongside participants to address barriers to employment and navigate through available resources.
Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan
- Home Chore Services for Seniors are supported through Kent County Senior Millage Funds administered through AAAWM.
Sparta Adult Education
- Steepletown’s workforce development team partners with Sparta Adult Education to assist their adult learners in identifying post-secondary training opportunities to advance their career goals.